Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

WooHoo!

OK, so I know I'm supposed to be OK getting bigger. I get it. Stop telling me that. It doesn't make it any easier to see the scale numbers going up again, especially when I worked so hard to get down to my ideal weight RIGHT BEFORE I got pregnant. Now understand why I was excited: I did not want to have to buy maternity clothes until at least 20 weeks...preferably later. So imagine my disappointment when on Saturday, at 14w6d, I could no longer button my pants. NOOOOO!!! I have a Bella band which I can use for a while, but this was the beginning of the end. I want this baby more than anything, but I'm just not quite ready to make the leap into maternity. Today I found at least one pair of pants that I can still button YAY!

I was so excited! I don't have to go to fat lady clothes yet! Of course, none of this helps my rapidly growing boobs. Seriously, were they not big enough before? I can't wear at least half of my shirts and dresses, not because of my stomach, which is SUPPOSED to be growing but isn't really (at least not that anyone else can notice) but because my boobs have now reached epic proportions, and will only continue that trend. Great.

On another note, I have a new fridge. It's more basic than the last one: let's hear it for renting and having a cheap homeowner. OK, I get it, you don't want to spend a ton on a fridge for a rental property. Fine. But (and here's what upset me) for the same price as the fridge she bought (I know, because I looked it up) she could have gotten an upright side-by-side with water and ice in the door from the lady who came to figure out what was wrong with the old fridge. Not only that, but I would have had it a week ago. Instead (because the homeowner chose to disregard that awesome offer) I had to wait an extra week for a fridge that opens with the door going into my kitchen and doesn't have an ice maker. Even my old crappy fridge had an ice maker. I don't understand why she didn't want to get the best one possible, especially when it was the same amount of money and would have been here a week earlier, saving me a week of grief!

Then my car battery dies. Again. OK, OK, I know that it's kind of my fault: when I went to Europe in May and was gone for a month, I left an interior light on and COMPLETELY killed the battery. I jumped it, drove it, and it's fine. Then I didn't drive it for a week...lo and behold, it wouldn't start. So (since I'm still under warranty) I called my local Dodge dealer and they said "bring it in, we'll check it." OK, great. I do that, and they tell me that there's nothing wrong with the battery. Hmmm, funny, THEN WHY DOES IT KEEP DYING? I have a copy of that paperwork coming to me, so that the next time it happens I can say "hey, you said there was nothing wrong, but it happened again. Now I'm not under warranty, but you guys still need to fix this at no charge because you told me that there was nothing wrong but I'm still having the same problem." Ugh.

At least I can button my pants.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!