Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Coupons Coupons, where to begin?

I have been trying to become more coupon/deal savvy. Let's just say...it's not going as well as it could. I have my little organizer, I clip the coupons I get in the local paper's circular (and by local I mean small town paper that you don't have to pay for a subscription, it only comes once a week or so), and I try to remember that I have them. Sometimes (OK, most of the time) I don't remember I have them until the coupon has expired. Oops.

So, I signed up for www.couponmom.com. If you don't know what this is, check it out. It's pretty cool. It tells you what's on sale/what you can use a coupon for in your state/store, how much the item is before and after the coupon (or in-store savings) and what % you save after all discounts/coupons. Nice, right? Yeah, but the thing is you HAVE to buy a Sunday paper to get the good circulars...and we're talking, a bigger Sunday paper. So, of course, here it is MONDAY, and I have no idea where to buy a Sunday paper on a SUNDAY, let alone today. So, Ben and I have a new project: find out where on EARTH to buy a Sunday paper around here...on Sunday or any other day! We will be checking: grocery stores, convenience stores, dollar stores, drugstores, and bookstores. Other than that, it's going to be a wild goose chase. Hopefully after today we will know where to get them and won't have to do this again...hopefully. Wish us luck!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. For some newspapers you can get a Sunday Only subscription, delivered on Saturday. And of course a subscription is cheaper than remembering to go on a newspaper hunt once a week, which I believe fits in the money saving theme. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...at first we didn't think our newspaper here did that, but after some searching we found out that they do. I still have to find the paper today (going grocery shopping on Friday) but after that it's a subscription for us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!