Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Ow. Ow ow ow ow ow.

So, I woke up at 3am Saturday morning in EXCRUCIATING pain coming from the general area of my right kidney. Of course, my first thought was: Kidney Infection. Wonderful. I knew Monkey was OK, because I could/can feel him/her moving around like crazy. Yay for finally feeling fetal movement! I went to the restroom, thinking that may alleviate some of the pain. Nope. It lasted for 10-15 minutes, and it was so bad that I seriously thought I was going to throw up. The pain from my miscarriage, when they essentially put me into labor with medications, wasn't that bad. I was sweaty, couldn't stop moving, and GOING to throw up. Then, suddenly, it faded away. This lovely episode repeated itself 3 more times: at 4am, 5am, and 7am. Each time I went to the restroom, drank some water, and dealt with it. After talking to  Ben  I finally decided to call the Dr.'s answering service around 10am when I was still having pain, although nowhere near how bad it had been.

When I heard back from the Dr (who I had seen 2 weeks before) she a) didn't remember me...not surprising, her interpersonal skills aren't the best and b) told me (after I told her everything) that she suspected a mild kidney infection, but since I don't have any other symptoms, like a burning sensation when using the restroom or a fever, to keep EXTREMELY hydrated and keep my bladder empty. My instructions are to keep doing that, and as long as the symptoms don't get worse and/or I don't develop a fever, I should be OK until my appointment on Wednesday. I seriously hope that I get some relief then, because this HURTS. It's not as bad as the first night, but definitely still happening.
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh no, I hope you feel better soon. That sounds so painful :((
    On a different note, I cannot believe that you are almost halfway through your pregnancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know! I'm so thankful I have an appointment on Wednesday though, I don't think I can take this much longer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!