Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The "Ugh" Days

You know those days when you really just don't want to get out of bed? For no other reason than you feel like "ugh?" When we were childless, I had the option to do just that. Stay in bed, get up when I needed something, and call it good. Of course, if I was working it had to wait for a day off, but I always knew that in the not so distant future the opportunity would arise and I would be able to take a day "off."

Let me just turn this down a bit...
Once we had Monkey, that all changed. I no longer have any day when I can just say "I'm off" and it is understood that my butt will not be leaving the comfort zone. Because there is a tiny person who, regardless of whether or not Ben is home, who will need attention. Not to mention the fact that Ben has a finite amount of time that he can handle Monkey before a spark plug malfunctions in his head and he can't take it anymore.

It doesn't matter that it's Sunday, that he had his day to sleep in, and that I want my turn. It doesn't matter that I only got to be in bed 30 more minutes than normal...the baby needs the slave that is me MOMMY (or as Ben calls me, the professional), so I have to get up.

Hi Mom!
I'm not in love with this part of parenting. I tend to be a night owl, and regardless of how early I have to get up, I still can't fall asleep before 11pm. So most mornings I lie there listening to Monkey talk to himself over the monitor and think about how nice it would be to just go back to sleep.

But I get up anyway. Because that's my job. And then as soon as he sees me he gives me the world's biggest smile, and I know that any complaints I may have are well worth it, because all I have to do is
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!