Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My Baby: Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde

Monkey has begun waking up screaming. We're talking the baby Jack Jack from The Incredibles when he finally displays his superpowers. He used to wake up so nicely, smiling and happy and ready for the day. Now...the banshee has returned. Until you feed him, that is. Now, I understand that he's slept for 12 hours and is hungry, and I won't ignore him. I will always feed him when he's hungry, but does the announcement need to be quite so pronounced? The sad thing is that I know where he gets it from: me. My parents have informed me that when I was a baby, I liked food so much that I would scream in between bites if they didn't shovel it in fast enough. Monkey is starting that tendency too. 

The good news  is that after he's been fed, he turns into Jack Jack when he's happy. You know: he's smiling, playing with his toys. Playing with the dogs' toys and dad's shoes. And he's generally getting into all sorts of mischief with a smile on his face. Well, until you tell him no. Then he turns into the other Jack Jack again (his own personal Mr. Hyde).                                                                                                That's OK though. I love him no matter what, but is it so much to ask that he doesn't split my ear drums when he's hungry? LOL.
In other news: I only have to lose 7 more lbs. I have NOT been trying. Which sucks, because had I been trying I would already be down to my goal weight and Ben would have forked over my incentive: Money for clothes. Here's the catch: that money has to cover alterations. And since none of us really have that model body that fits perfectly into clothes as we buy them, I'm going to have to alter a lot. Luckily, I can usually get by until I have the money/time to get the alterations done. And I don't have to leave the comfort of my home to find cute clothes (since I always get frustrated shopping). I have found a site that I absolutely adore. It's called ModCloth and it specializes (for the most part) in vintage and vintage-inspired clothing. You should check it out. 

Any suggestions on workout routines that A) I can do at home with Monkey here and B) won't absolutely kill me? I'm planning on starting to jog with him, but I need something more, something a little more fun (something to get my abs back!).

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!