Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Back to real life

The family has gone. It was a wonderful two weeks, but I'm glad to get back to just our little family and our routine. It's like my mother says "I love to see family when they visit, and I love to see them go home again!" I think this is mostly because even though they are family, I still feel the need to entertain when they are here, and two weeks of constantly being "on" is exhausting!

Monkey is doing great, outgrowing clothes almost daily. We have moved him to sleeping in his own room. Granted, he's still sleeping in his car seat (we put it in the crib) but at least he's out of our room. He's now taken to only taking 20 minute cat naps during the day, and has a fairly regular "fussy time" at night, usually sometime between 5pm and 8pm. Luckily he sleeps like a champ at night from about 8 or 8:30pm to between 5am and 6am. And only wakes up twice or so. YAY! That means that I get anywhere from 5-7 hours of sleep a night, even if it is broken up by feedings. So, all is well, everyone is adjusting, and we're all happy!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!