Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Family is Coming! The Family is Coming!


And, of course, the day before they arrive, Monkey decides to stretch his lungs and grow an attitude. Seriously, in 2 hours he drank almost 5oz...compared to the normal 2-3 every 2-3 hours. Great. If he's not eating, he's screaming. The only other thing that calms him is to be held. Which is fine...most of the time. I can't hold him all the time, it's just not possible. But if I put him down he stays calm for maybe 30 minutes, and then the cycle resumes. He was great until about 4pm today, the whole time we were walking around downtown he was a peach. Once we got home, all hell broke loose.


On another note, my parents will be here tomorrow. YAY! Hopefully they will have some ideas if Monkey is still acting up. I seriously think it's a combination of him having a growth spurt (and therefore possibly growing pains), maybe a touch of reflux, gas, and just generally wanting to be held. Still, older and wiser parents (aka my mom and dad and Ben's mom) may have some suggestions that I have not already thought of. I sure hope so...I love Monkey dearly, but mommy can only take so much screaming before she becomes the crazy lady with a crying baby who never gets into real clothes!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I welcome and appreciate all helpful/funny/generally polite comments and questions!